As a fiber artist in wearable art, I have created the 'sconcho' in the style of a poncho with the asymmetrical draping of a scarf. I enjoy the search for the perfect texture, color, and drape of fabric. Helping my clients select the sconcho that best fits their style is very satisfying too. "What a fun look!" they say.
Carol Anderson Bell is a fiber artist, currently residing in Galena, Illinois. Her artistic progression began with weaving. Coming from a Swedish ancestry she decided to study at the University of Stockholm her junior year. She was surrounded and inspired by the rich, vibrant colors of the Scandinavian palette. While in Sweden she learned to weave and studied batik.
Carol's sconchos - designed for casual or formal wear are for sale in boutiques and art festivals. You may have seen her at some of her previous events:
- Prairie Arts Festival, IL
- Excelsior Art on the Lake, MN
- Galena Country Fair, IL
- Gifts in the Gallery at the Bloomington Theater and Art Center, MN
- The Little Traveler, IL
- Edina Fall into the Arts Festival, MN
- Naperville Women's Club Annual Fine Art Fair, IL
- 53rd Annual Art on the Square, Williamsburg, VA
- Iowa City Fine Arts Council, Riverbank Art Fair, IA